DEI Initiatives 101 - Starting a DEI group - June 9, 2020
Time & Location
About The Event
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committees are forming all over the nation in industries spanning from tech companies, medical institutions, school districts, nonprofits, and government agencies. However clear, simple, and effective steps to get the initiatives started are often lacking, not designed using real-life organizations in mind, or are often missing practical take-away tools that you can use immediately to get started. This webinar is designed to give you everything you need to get started plus examples of learned lessons from the field. Your webinar host has helped implement DEI programs in countless organizations across the country and will share with you best practices, simple steps to get started, assessment tools to help you gauge your team’s starting point, and helpful meeting and marketing templates you can customize for your organization.
- Not knowing what language to use or not use
- Confusion around the best way to get started, with training, a mission, or
- Frustration with messaging, the importance of your initiative to teams or departments
- Building DEI Outline - Support with naming your initiative and learning the impact that it has on the outcomes you want to produce.
- Proven strategy & steps for getting a program started including templates for emails, flyers to recruit members and launching the initiative
- DEI exploration meeting outline to help structure your first meeting with all staff including your DEI Committee
Meet Your Trainer:
- Tiffany Hoang
- lea robinson