Thu, May 07|
Online Zoom Training
Diversity Uncovered™ Online - May 26, 2020 (1)
Awareness-building training to uncover conscious and unconscious discrimination and learn tools to interrupt stereotypes, microaggressions, and implicit bias.
Time & Location
May 07, 2020, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Online Zoom Training
About The Event
Implicit Bias and Microaggressions are terms that often trigger fear, anxiety, and defensiveness from staff as they try to make sense of what these terms mean and do everything in their power to not be associated with them. Uncovered Online was designed to help staff deconstruct these terms and build a framework to talk about both conscious, intentional discrimination and unconscious, unintentional discrimination. Diversity Uncovered will take staff on a journey of self-awareness and empathy-building that starts by addressing fears and concerns that exist around talking to staff about discrimination. Participants will then learn the difference between unconscious and conscious discrimination and explore challenges with identifying and interrupting them. Your team will walk away with common knowledge of diversity terms, practice talking about discrimination and challenges with one another, and helpful tools and tips to address discrimination in the workplace.
- Discomfort around talking about discrimination issues in your workplace
- Confusion around how to address colleagues that make inappropriate comments
- Difficulties with building awareness and common understanding of implicit bias and microaggressions
Tools to Address Stereotypes
- Identify what stereotypes are, the complexities around addressing them, and strategies to discuss them when they occur
Axis of Discrimination
- Learn a clear and simple framework to identify the differences between conscious and unconscious bias and discrimination and how they differ from each other
- Tools to personally interrupt Microaggressions
- Identify hidden bias by learning self-awareness skills that will reduce the likelihood of unintentionally causing harm to another person with a microaggression
Meet Your Trainer:
- Tiffany Hoang
- lea robinson
Register and pay early to save. Limited Quantity!
Full Price Ticket - Limited Quantity