Social Emotional Learning and Restorative Practices in Schools Webinar
Time & Location
About The Event
What’s beneath a child’s behavior is never what we think it is. It’s sometimes hard to believe that a student talking out of turn, refusing to participate, displaying defiant attitudes, or inability to work with their peers is actually caused by things like a lack of belonging, self-awareness and empathy skills. Yet, is it possible that students are actually struggling on a deeper level and not actually trying to make our lives more difficult? In this webinar, you will learn about the 5 Competencies of Social Emotional Learning as a framework to better understand your most challenging AND your most quiet students and the invisible barriers nobody knows they are going through.
Using these competencies to help you reflect more deeply on what your students may actually need from you but may not know how to verbalize. Our webinar host will share with you from a breadth of experiences working in schools with students and staff K-12 and collegiate to introduce you to new tools you can easily apply in order to help your students develop the SEL skills they need to succeed in school and life.
- The 5 Competencies of Social Emotional Learning - Learn about each of the Social Emotional Learning competencies and how each competency includes skills required for students to learn, get along with their peers, and what it looks like when these skills are missing among students
- The Importance of Social Emotional Learning - Learn about why Social Emotional Learning is critical in schools by uncovering the correlations between Social Emotional Learning, academic achievement, and student success
- Restorative Practices Strategies for Developing SEL - Learn how to incorporate Social Emotional Learning into your curriculum using easy to implement Restorative Strategies intentionally designed to help students develop, identify and express their feelings, needs, social skills, and self- manage their behavior
- Confusion about what Social Emotional Learning is and what it is not
- Lack of understanding on how deficits of social emotional learning directly impacts a students’ ability to learn in school
- Desperation for new strategies that help students develop their own self-awareness and self-management skills
- Early Bird Ticket$1$10$0