Wed, May 06|
Online Zoom Training
TEMPLATE - CircleUp For RP - Community Agreement (1)
A skill-building training on how to design and facilitate impactful community agreements and values exploration circles online.
Time & Location
May 06, 2020, 7:00 PM
Online Zoom Training
About The Event
Some of the biggest challenges that groups face as they work together in a classroom or workplace are misunderstandings and misinterpretations of values, needs, and expectations. How one person defines “respect” may be radically different from how others do, which can lead to unfulfilled expectations and conflict. This is why community agreements and value exploration circles are such an important tool for your classroom or team. These circles take a deep look at what your group is trying to accomplish, what you have come together to work on, or look at specific values and/or needs that exist in the group. Participants are then able to share what they need from one another or explore how they define specific values and needs in the context of what your team or students are doing with each other. Through this empathy-building process, misunderstandings are clarified, and a foundation is set that helps people come to agreements around needs or identify specific needs and values that may need to be more deeply processed using future circles practices. This training will teach you how to design an online community agreement and value exploration circles by providing you with the framework and example activities that will make the planning and guiding process simple. This training will also provide more specific problem-solving strategies for facilitating these practices online. You will receive examples of community agreement circles and resources to design a wide variety to meet your classroom or workplace needs.
- Frustration with converting parts of the circle into online formats that work
- Difficulty completing an entire circle within a specific time period
- Not knowing how to use a talking piece or centerpiece, two important circle tools, within an online format
- How to effectively use Zoom breakout rooms during a circle
Experience online Community Agreements or Values Exploration Circle
- Learn first-hand how effective ‘Community Agreements’ and ‘Values Exploration Circles’ are facilitated. One of our Restorative Practitioners will walk you through the experience using CircleUp Education’s specifically designed online framework
Online Community Agreements Circle Framework
- Learn all about the components that make ‘Online Community Agreements’ and ‘Values Exploration Circle
Meet Your Trainer:
- Tiffany Hoang
- lea robinson
Register and pay early to save. Limited Quantity!
Full Price Ticket - Limited Quantity